UN Women Comic and Cartoon Competition 2021
- Awarding Body: United Nations Women in partnership with the European Commission, Belgium, France, Mexico and Cartooning for Peace.
- Deadline: 31-03-2021
UN Women is organizing a global Comic and Cartoon Competition to mark the 25th anniversary of the pioneering Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
The platform of action was set up to find out how to remove the systematic barriers that hold women back from equal participation in all life areas. It is also a visionary plan for women and girls empowerment internationally.
To honour this anniversary, UN Women has launched a multigenerational campaign themed; Generation Equality: Realizing women’s rights for an equal future.
The UN Women will also convene a global gathering for gender equality called the Generation Equality Forum. The forum will be co-chaired by France and Mexico’s governments, in partnership with civil society.
- Eligible Countries/ Region: All national and international applicants.
- Gender Restrictions: Women
- Age Restrictions: Applicants must be between 18 and 28 years of age.
- Applicants should believe in gender equality and realizing women rights for an equal future.
- Applicants should express the vision of gender-equal generation in a drawing.
- Applicants are to unleash the power of creativity and PICTURE IT!
- The winner will bag EUR 1,200.
- The winner will also attend the virtual opening of the forum in Paris.
- The second-place winner will get EUR 750.
- The third-place winner will take home EUR 500.
- Applicants will be among the change-makers of this generation.
An exhibition of cartoons from all finalists will take place during the Generation Equality Forum in Paris.