On October 21, Walt Disney World, located in Orlando, Florida, celebrates 50 years of existence. To mark its golden jubilee, the resort has made some upgrades and added some new features. New mouthwatering attractions and parks are in the works. Due to the pandemic, though, visits have been somewhat impossible. However, with the distribution of vaccines in progress already, it is safe to assume that the resort could open soon.
It is very important for visitors to know what the resort offers and what they stand to enjoy.
What to expect
The majority of the activities of the Golden jubilee appears to be centered on Epcot. Epcot is a theme park at the resort. It is commonly referred to as the permanent world’s fair.
- A new fountain at the entrance has been set up, with three glowing glass-like obelisks at the plaza’s main entrance.
- An indoor guardian of the galaxy rollercoaster is also in construction. Riders can get a complete 360-degree view while in their cars of the scenes and sets.
- A nighttime show called harmonious has been added. With fireworks and lasers, it provides the best nighttime entertainment. Its fountains will serve as a central figure to the lagoon during the day.
- Based on Ratatouille, produced by Pixar, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure has been created. Riders get to ride on a 4D rat-sized vehicle.
- Epcot’s Space Restaurant 220 intends to make use of a space-based motif. Guests are conveyed 220 miles above the earth to a space unit. Guests can view the galaxy around them as they dine.
- Cinderella Castle has also received a nice makeover. It has received several special effects.
- A new and fourth restaurant is also set to open on the French side of the Epcot.
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run is a roller coaster that is set to be available for the 50th anniversary. It consists of double a wheeled light cycle as passengers ride through the city of Tron.
- A star wars themed hotel called Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is also set to commence business. Guests get to participate in a two-day cruise-like experience.
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.