DEADLINE: December 31, 2020
The Women in STEM Scholarship believes in addressing inequality in education. In recognition of the extraordinary potential of women in the sciences, we created the MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship.
The Women in STEM Scholarship is an opportunity available to undergraduate and graduate female students. The scholarship is available for those who are pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics to be eligible for this award.
The Women in STEM Scholarships is awarded annually to female international/DACA students who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at a program MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada.
Scholarship worth: $3,000
Honorable Mentions (2): $1,000
Women in Stem Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at the U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Applicant must be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
For more updates on scholarship click here
Supporting Documents needed
In order to reduce the burden on applicants, we only require you to submit a copy of your transcript (or admission letter) and proof of your citizenship, gender, and immigration status (i.e., your passport and visa) after we provisionally select you for an award.
MPOWER will select winners based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s written essays; the essays should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English;
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction;
- The applicant’s potential to make significant contributions in a STEM field that will benefit people and/or the planet; and
- The applicant’s track record and/or potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.
NOTE: No purchase necessary. Only one entry per scholarship
The Women in STEM created this scholarship specifically for international and DACA students. Therefore, U.S. citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wishing to study in Canada are not eligible for this scholarship.