BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award 2021
- Awarding Body: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Foundation
- Deadline: 30-06-2021
The BBVA Awards is renouned for recognizing fundamental contributions in scientific knowledge, humanities, technology, and artistic creation.
- Eligible Countries/ Regions: Open to all international contenders
- Gender Restrictions: No gender restrictions
- Age Restrictions: No age restrictions
- Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, who have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advancement in their chosen field.
- The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organizations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to scientific knowledge, cultural creation, or the fight against climate change.
- Awards may not be granted posthumously.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Any scientific or cultural organization can submit nominations, following their own internal procedures.
- Scientific or artistic societies and organizations can apply.
- National and regional academies of science or culture can also make submissions.
- Public or private R&D centers are welcomed.
- University departments or institutes, and research or teaching institutes are free to apply.
- Hospital departments and biomedical research centers are not left out.
- Schools of music, orchestras, orchestra associations, opera theaters, and opera associations can send nominees for the award.
- Public agencies and supranational, national, or regional organizations substantially engaged in analysis and/or activities relating to climate change are eligible.
- Other scientific, cultural, and environmental organizations also fit the bill.
- Winners of the Nobel Prize in any category are also eligible to nominate. Same is the same for past winners of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards.
Note: The same organization, institution, or individual nominator may put forward more than one candidate without limitation of number, but no candidate may be nominated in more than one award category.
BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards are in:
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Biology and Biomedicine
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Climate Change
- Economics, Finance, and Management
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Music and Opera
- The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards gives 400,000 euros
- The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of its eight categories.
Note: If more than one person shares an award, its monetary amount will be divided equally among all recipients.
All awards, in whatever category, will be subject to withholding and other taxes prescribed by current legislation, which are deducted from the total amount.
- The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards will be decided before April 30, 2022.
- The Frontiers Awards will be presented at a formal ceremony to be held in June, 2022 in the Euskalduna Conference Centre, Bilbao.
- Laureates must agree to attend the presentation ceremony.
- In the case of awards going to teams, not more than three members are to represent the team.
- If an award goes to a legal person, the following documents must be provided after being notified of the award decision;
- a) A copy of its bylaws.
- b) A copy of its tax identification number.
- c) A statement from the pertinent governing body of the organization or institution confirming its acceptance of the award.
The selection process will be evaluated in two ways:
- Evaluation by support panels
- Evaluation by committees
For more information, click here
For the official website click, here
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.