Chinese Government Scholarship for China-Africa Friendship Program
- Awarding Body: The government and ministry of education of china
- Host Institution: Chinese University Wuhan
- Deadline: March 31st, 2021
The scholarship established by the Chinese government and ministry of education is a Chinese program for African students who show exceptional academic performance, for six-month general studies, and to support universities in china.
The Chinese University Wuhan is one of the highly certified institutions assigned to carry out the program and train African students throughout the grant.
The program is for students applying for masters and full-time graduate students not succeeding 3years of studies and doctorate students not ranging above 4years throughout the grants.
- Eligible Countries/ Regions: Countries of Africa
- Gender Restrictions: No gender restrictions
- Age Restrictions: Applicants for an M.Sc. must range under 35years of age and must have a BSc, and candidates for a doctorate must be under 40years of age and must have an M.Sc.
Scholarship Type: masters/ and doctorate degree
General Eligibility Requirements
- Be from an African country
- Be in good health
- Provide a score report of English language test (English medium program applicants)
- Not have accepted another grant and is a new student elsewhere
- Applicants from countries where English is the official language could be exempted from providing the above English aptitude certificate
- African countries require 80% TOEFL and IELTS of 5.5.
- Applicants applying for the grant should provide at most an HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test).
- Applicants applying for the grant that passed HSK level 5 or above can directly proceed to the significant study
PS: Those who haven’t climbed to HSK level 5 can apply for the Chinese training course for one year and then proceed to the study after catching up with the requirement.
- Applicants from a Chinese-speaking region or applicants who can provide valid proof that the previous institution attended tutors Chinese as a language and attended Chinese classes can apply for an HSK test disclaimer after the University of Wuhan’s approval.
NOTE: international travel expenses will be self-afforded
- All-inclusive medical assurance
- Tuition waiver stipend
- Accommodation stipend (700RMB/per month)
- Living stipend (3000RMB/per month)
- Applicant filling the application form can be in English or Chinese.
- An applicant applying for the grant can be English or Chinese.
- The applicant should provide a copy and an original document of a notarized degree certificate, graduate certificate, and school transcripts with a certified stamp on them.
- Prospective diploma receivers should acquiesce a certified document handed out by their current school to prove their student’s current status, graduation date, and anticipated degree certificate.
- Applicants that submit Documents in languages other than English or Chinese should attach notarized translations in English or Chinese.
- A written Study Plan template (800 words) in English or Chinese.
- Applicants should arrange for two reference letters from professors or associate professors, in English or Chinese.
- Provide a copy of the original passport (visa cogency, individual info page, should at least last till December 31st, 2021).
- A copy of the applicant’s Physical Examination Form, written in Chinese or English. And can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.
- All the items listed in the applicant’s Physical Examination Form must be covered during his/her physical examination.
- Incomplete forms, no attending physician’s signature, applicants sealed photograph, or the hospital’s official stamp will be considered invalid
- An English level certificate is compulsory for English-medium program e. g TOEFL or IELTS
- A school registration form (original copy)
- A Copy of the Legal HSK level certificate
- Applicants are to get a copy of his/her acceptance letter obtained from the professor at Wuhan university
- if the applicant had been/is studying in China, they should provide a copy of his/her performance certificate from the university he had been/is running his/her program.