ECOLOGISTS IN AFRICA GRANTS 2021
- Awarding Body: British Council Society
- Deadline: 19-03-2021
Submission of applications is ongoing for the 2021 Ecologists in Africa Grants. This funding offers support to Ecologists in the African region to carry out innovative ecological research.
The grant aims at tackling ecological research challenges in Africa. This it does by providing funding services and equipment to ecologists. It also seeks to support ecologists to develop proficient skills and become a knowledge base. The Ecologists in Africa Grant, by the British Council Society, is about making connections with ecologists all over the world.
- Eligible Countries/ Region: African regions excluding Botswana, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Libya, Nambia, and South Africa.
- Gender Restrictions: No gender restrictions
- Age Restrictions: No age restrictions
- The applicant must be a scientist.
- According to the World Bank categorization, applicants must be citizens of a country in Africa or its associated islands (low-income economy or lower-middle-income economy).
- Applicants must possess at least an MSc or equivalent degree.
- Applicants must be working for a university or research institution in Africa, including field centers, NGOs, Museums, etc., that provide basic research facilities.
- Applicants must be applying to research a country in Africa or its associated islands.
Applicants for the Ecologists in Africa Grants will be;
- Given a maximum of £8,000 for research.
- Awarded an extra £2000 to fund travel to develop connections with other ecologists outside the usual peer group and must be requested at the application stage.
- Provided with travel funds to spend more time working with ecologists in the global North where facilities and experience will help when returning to his/her initial institution.
- Awarded with two years of free BES membership and online access to the official journal for free.
- Applicants for the Ecologists in Africa Grant must provide two referees to submit statements of support.
- If you are applying for travel funds, one of the referees’ statements must be from your host institution.
- Applicants should include the project’s importance and the support to be given.
- Applicants are also to testify that the project’s equipment will be made available for anyone in the host institution to conduct ecological research.
- All referees will be automatically contacted via email addresses provided in the application.
- The applicant’s referees’ statements must be completed online before the application deadline.
Note: Referees’ statements sent independently via email or by letter will be rejected.
Register online here
For an application example click here
For the official website, click here
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.