The Eni/St Antony College Masters Scholarship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for African students to further their education at the prestigious University of Oxford, at St Antony’s College. This program is a collaboration between Eni, a top international energy company, and St Antony’s College, designed to invest in and build African leadership.
The scholarship will enable St Antony’s to admit up to three of the most talented African students, regardless of their financial situation. It will greatly contribute to the diverse and intellectual community of the college. Furthermore, Eni and St Antony’s are dedicated to providing guidance and, where possible, structured incentives for Eni Scholars to continue their studies or find meaningful employment in their home country after graduating from Oxford. Discussions about this are ongoing, and scholars will be informed of relevant contacts and partnerships as they arise.
The scholarships are open to students from Nigeria, Angola, Ghana, the Republic of Congo, and Mozambique. This scholarship intends to cover full tuition fees, an annual grant for living costs, and a round-trip economy airfare from the student’s home country to the UK at the beginning and end of their studies. The eligible courses for this scholarship are MSc African Studies, MSc Economic & Social History, MSc Economics for Development, and MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy.
To be eligible for the Eni Scholarships 2023/24 for Africans at Oxford University, applicants must:
- Meet the requirements for entry into their preferred course of study, including English language requirements.
Reside in the eligible countries for the scholarship in Africa.
- Have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.
- Keep in mind that preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.
- First, read the information on the Eni/St Antony College Masters Scholarships webpage carefully.
- Apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses listed above.
- The applicant must submit their application for graduate study to the University by the appropriate January course deadline
- The applicant must have secured a place in their chosen program.
- The application deadline for the scholarships is March 1, 2023.
In summary, the Eni/St Antony College Masters Scholarship offers a rare chance for African students to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford and to be part of the diverse and intellectual community of the college. This scholarship aims to invest in and build African leadership. With full tuition fees, an annual grant for living costs, and a round-trip economy airfare, this scholarship provides African students with the financial support they need to achieve their academic goals.