Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarship awarding Body: Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Host institutions: German Universities
- Deadline: 1 March 2021
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is inviting students across the globe to apply for her annual scholarship scheme. This scholarship opportunity is for both local and international students. This scholarship opportunity is open to students from all disciplines. The Heinrich Böll foundation provides over 1000 scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate students across the globe. The beneficiaries of this scholarship will have the privilege of studying at Geman best universities.
Heinrich Böll is one of the most popular writers in Germany. His intellectual prowess is well displayed in his groundbreaking ideas that have contributed immensely to the country’s holistic development. On this note, applicants for this scholarship should be individuals with exceptional academic records. Applicants must be balanced in all aspects and must be committed to driving positive change in society. The applicant must be able to model his life in line with the fundamental principles of the foundation. These principles must influence the candidates’ thought patterns in democracy, human rights, ecology, sustainability, freedom, and justice.
- Applicants must submit written proof of German Proficiency. A minimum of Level B2 and DSH2
- Applicants must have excellent academic grades.
- Applicants must submit a list of complete documents containing their credentials and academic certificates.
- For Master’s applicants, A bachelor’s degree certificate.
- The applicant must provide your student enrolment certificate.
- The applicant must provide a Staff of the university or college who will stand in for him as a referee.
- The applicant must be an individual with proven moral integrity. He must be a reliable, committed, and dedicated individual. He should be able to use these qualities to promote the underlying principles and values of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- The applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a third party referee to attest to his social commitment.
- Eligible countries: Scholarship is open to both local and international students.
- Gender Restriction: No Gender restriction.
For more updates on scholarship click this link
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship offers some financial benefits that will cater to the academic needs and part of their living expenses.
This scholarship is in two categories:
Study Scholarship ( for BSc and MSc)
Promotional scholarship (for Ph.D. students).
Masters scholarship Value
- A monthly stipend of €649 and an additional €300 for books (for local and international students educated in Germany).
- A monthly stipend of €649 plus €300 for research materials ( for EU nationals/students who studied outside Germany)
- A monthly stipend of €850 and other additional allowances (for non-EU citizens studying outside Germany)
- Note: Scholars may still benefit from this scholarship stipends for an extra semester.
- A monthly stipend of €1350 and an additional €100 for books (for local and international students educated in Germany).
- A monthly stipend of €1350 plus €100 for research materials ( for EU nationals/students who studied outside Germany)
- A monthly stipend of €1200 plus 100 for mobility allowance. There are other additional allowances (for non-EU nationals who studied outside Germany)
Note: Scholars may still benefit from this scholarship stipends for an additional semester
The application for this scholarship is submitted online. The portal for the scholarship application will open six weeks before the deadline.
Click here to get more information on how to apply.
Click here to visit the application website to know the specific requirement for application based on your country.
Click here to register in the online application portal ( the portal will open six weeks before 1 March 2021, the deadline).
Enter the required information in the online application portal
Upload all your documents on the application portal. Ensure to apply before the deadline.