- Internship Name: Initiative for Young Professionals
- Internship Awarding Body: Commonwealth
- Deadline for Applications:11 January 2021, 17:00 GMT.
Summary of Internship
With a strong desire to empower the youths in the society, the Commonwealth birthed this initiative. Applicants that qualify for the young professionals program will be opportune to support the core activities of the Commonwealth by
- sharing innovative ideas
- providing specialist knowledge
- transferring technical expertise and
- bringing fresh perspectives to the table.
Eligible applicants will be reporting to the Department Head on matters about Climate Change. The work will require successful candidates to perform research and analysis, draft reports, and engagement of stakeholders.
In addition to this, the duties of applicants will include (but are not limited to):
- researching on specific themes and implementation of plan action areas.
- Offering support in developing technical reports for drafting the Commonwealth Living Lands Charter.
- Interviewing key stakeholders
- Presentation of findings.
You are eligible for this position if you:
- Have a degree in fields of study such as Forestry and Land Use Management, Climate Change and Natural Resources Management, Water Management, Agriculture, Environmental Economics, or other fields closely related to those mentioned above.
- Have work experience in environment and climate change-related to the roles and duties of this position
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience in supporting dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration, which includes delegates from government and non-government sides.
- Are knowledgeable about issues relating to climate change policies, land, indigenous people, biodiversity, land, and animal husbandry.
Applicants from any of the 54 Commonwealth member nations are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be of age 27 or younger at the time of application.
All genders are encouraged to apply.
In addition to earlier stated requirements, applicants must:
- Show good interpersonal skill
- Be good at communicating effectively
- Be self-motivated.
Value of Internship
Successful applicants will work alongside leading professionals in policy-making for the Commonwealth regions. This will lay solid foundations for future career developments.
Also, the positions come with a salary of £29,070 per annum and other benefits.
If you consider yourself eligible for this position, you must go through the following steps and provide the mentioned documents to apply successfully.
- Create an account. This is done quickly by signing in with your Google, LinkedIn, Facebook accounts
- Accept terms and conditions
- Upload CV
- Provide personal and contact details
- Fill an “Equal Opportunities” Form
- Upload Cover letter
- Provide references
- Answer additional questions
- Review inputted information and submit.
Follow the links below for:
- Access to the application platform
- Application guidelines
- Specification of Persons
- Terms of reference
- official webpage of the Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.