University of Michigan institutional research an academic career development award (IRACDA) postdoctoral program 2021
- Awarding Body: Michigan institutional research and academic career development award program
- Host Institution: University of Michigan
- Deadline: 15th-02-2021
The grant is amongst the NIH funding programs that allow postdoctoral applicants to participate in training involving teaching and research for careers in academic circles. In partnership with the henry ford college and Wayne country community college district
This scheme aims to enhance research skills by providing research practices that are being mentored while improving their teaching skills through projects that foster under-characterized minorities.
The funding operates the bio-medical engineering department and molecular and integrative physiology.
- Eligible Countries/ Regions: permanent inhabitant or US citizen
- Gender Restrictions: no gender restrictions
- Age Restrictions: No age restrictions
General Eligibility Requirements
- Encouragements are given to applicants with disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Applicants are eligible if they have completed their previous postdoctoral training in less than 2years.
- Applicants are qualified if they have done at least a publication as an author during the Ph.D. period.
- Applicants are qualified if they consider staying in the program throughout the program (3years)
- Applicants are eligible if they are willing to dedicate 25% teaching time during the first three years of the grant.
- Applicants are qualified if they have an explicit concern in pursuing a career in education that includes teaching.
this scholarship gives an educational experience that prepares you to serve and participates in training involving teaching with a degree in the applicant’s field of study.
For timeline for sample, training click here
To complete your online application:
Curriculum vitae or NIH-style bio sketch requirements include your Statement on the stated section of the bio sketch. In the publications section, please divide into original research papers, reviews, and submitted manuscripts. To get the sample of the NIH, click here
- Personal Statement of 1-2-page requirements
(spacing requirements single spacing, 11 Arial fonts, 0.5-inch margins) applicants should include their motivation statements in this paragraph, applicants’ detail of research and teaching skills, planned research, and future career plans after the proposed postdoctoral exercise.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation.
Applicant’s letter requests will automatically be sent via email after applying for the grant. One of these letters should come from your thesis advisor.
- Names of 3-5 potential IRACDA mentors. Most mentors in any of the STEM disciplines are eligible. The need to contact mentors in advance is unnecessary, and you can only make these connections only when selected for an interview.
To apply online, please click here
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.