The McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism 2021
- Awarding Body: The McGraw Center
- Host Institution: The University of New York
- Deadline: 16-06-2021
The McGraw Fellowship offers journalistic and funding support to journalists who need time and resources to produce a significant investigative or creative story.
The McGraw Fellowship grant targets stories that provide a fresh insight into an important business, financial and/or economic topic.
The fellowship accepts applications for in-depth text, video, or audio pieces and encourages proposals that take advantage of more than one storytelling form to create a multimedia package.
Even though the McGraw Fellowship is not a residency fellowship, it allows all fellows to work from their homes and offices.
- Eligible Countries/ Regions: Open to all intercontinental students
- Gender Restrictions: No gender restrictions
- Age Restrictions: No age restrictions
- Open for applicants with at least five years of professional journalism experience.
- Open to freelance journalists.
- Open to reporters.
- Open to editors that are currently working at a news organization.
- Open to non-profit journalists.
- $15,000 for each project
Note that the exact amount will depend on the time it takes to complete the project and the expenses needed.
Freelancers can use the funding to pay for their living expenses during the fellowship.
- Applicants are to submit a well-focused story proposal (not more than three (3) pages).
- Applicants are to give preliminary reporting and documentation to defend their story’s authenticity.
- Applicants should highlight what’s new and significant about their story.
- The proposal should note where stories on the subject have run elsewhere. It should also state how the proposed piece would differ.
- Applicants should outline a proposed reporting plan and a timeline for completing the story. Also, the McGraw Fellowship should be alerted when the media outlet is set to run the story.
- Applicants are to include three journalism samples in their application. The samples should be published works that showcase the applicant’s ability to tackle in-depth stories.
- Also, applicants are to provide a resume and references from two editors. References from others familiar with their work are also accepted.
For the online form click, Here
For the official link, Here
Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates.