University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships (UNIGE)
- Fellowship awarding body: The University of Geneva
- Host institution: Switzerland, University of Geneva
- Deadline: 15th March, 2021
The master’s fellowships of excellence by the Geneva university are accessible to all students globally to pursue their master’s degree in science in any field covered by the faculty. The dedicated excellence fellowship program has been built to support remarkable and extremely motivated students internationally.
Eligibility Requirements for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
General eligibility requirements
- You must be a student in the science field.
- You must upload your personal statements online on or before the 15th of March 2021
- You must be present at the university on the day of the inauguration, in September 2021
- Required language for students in the Switzerland university of Geneva must be English and French.
- You must meet the excellence criteria for your choice’s degree faculty, so you get selected.
- Age restrictions: No age restriction
- Gender restrictions: Open to all
- Eligible countries: Open to all
Value of scholarship
Grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties). This scholarship is for one year. This may extend beyond the regular duration of the chosen master’s program (three or four semesters), provided the applicant shows educational prowess at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
- The program period is covered for three-four semesters accordingly.
- For the application to be accepted, every applicant must accomplish the registration steps as labeled on the Admissions office website.
- The application is made online from the beginning of January. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
- It is essential to visit the official webpage to access the application form and information on applying for this scholarship.
- The deadline for the application is on the the15th of March 2021
- The application must be in English or French language as it is the assigned language given by the school
How to apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
- Follow the link to get to the site for the registration Admissions office website.
- The document should carry the following form in a single pdf file in English or French language when registering.
- A scan of your passport or national identity card
- If you are already a student at the University of Geneva, a scan of your UNIGE card is needed or the central administration’s mail entitled “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A maximum of two pages of your curriculum vitae
- A transcript containing all the grades of the exams passed during your B.Sc. education.
- A motivation letter is needed describing your specific scientific interest and your motivation to pursue a master’s in science at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to [email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like GRE results (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language tests.
- The is an online application. After registering, an e-mail containing a personal link will be sent to you by the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships, allowing you to fill out the application form.
Note: Candidate assessment is based on the merit and remarkable excellence of the applicant. The new academic session begins in September 2021