WAAW is a foundation working to advance African ladies and help to boost the channel of females in Africa in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) applicable profession and work to ensure that the talent is active within the revolution of Africa. The scholarship is for feminine undergraduates in universities, Polythenics, and colleges and is revived yearly reckoning on the student’s scholarly performance. The scholarship’s value is $500 and is given yearly.
2021/2022 application begins on sixth September 2021 and runs until twelfth Nov 2021.
- It is open for feminine students in universities, polytechnics, and colleges studying in Africa and presently running a program.
- It does not encompass postgraduate studies.
- It is open for college students within STEM-related departments.
- It is not for Non-STEM students as well as medical students and medical connected courses.
- The applier should not be lower than 32 years old.
- There ought to be a true lack of economic help for cash.
- Outstanding academic results
- It lasts for under a year before it is revived based on previous excellent results.
How to Apply
- The following are guides to assist you applying:
- Filled form with correct details.
- Personal and get in touch data.
- Information concerning your family and educational background.
- The reason why you must be granted the scholarship and what it’ll accomplish for you.
Essay; whereas composing a piece, write of your educational objectives and the way the scholarship can aid in your schooling. Your essay ought to be ready before applying.
Choose one amongst the subsequent topics;
- With a limit of 5 hundred words, please compose a piece on your career objectives and the way the fund can facilitate and achieve those goals.
- With a limit of 300 words, narrate your view of training the girl-child and its result on the improvement in Africa.
- With a limit of 5 hundred words, what achievement(s) are you proud of?
- In 10 sentences or less, write why you wish for the scholarship.
Two academic/professional references are required.
For now, letters of advice and transcripts aren’t needed until the applier has been shortlisted.
For more information click here