2021 Shanghai Government Scholarships
Awarding Body: SGS
Host Institution: General Institution Shanghai/Eastern China
The Shanghai Government Scholarships are for students who show exceptional academic excellence while enrolling for an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. program in any public university in Eastern China.
Eligible Countries/ Region: Applicants can be from any country or region, except for Chinese citizens.
Gender Restrictions: No Gender Restrictions
Age Restrictions: pre-college applicants – maximum of 23years
Bachelor degree applicants – maximum 25 year
Masters degree applicants – maximum 35years
Doctoral degree applicants – maximum 40 years
- Pre-college applicants must possess a high school diploma.
- Bachelor degree applicants must possess a high school diploma
- Masters degree applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree applicants must possess a master’s degree.
- Applicants that must have applied/won a reward from the Chinese government or any scholarship offered by other institutions are strictly not entitled to apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship.
- Applicants must be in good health.
For applicants in the full scholarship section, the following are provided;
- Medical insurance
- Living expenses (monthly)
- CNY 3,500 for a doctoral degree program
- CNY 3,000 for a graduate degree program
- CNY 2,500 for an undergraduate degree program
- With an exemption of the tuition fees
- With an exemption of the campus accommodation
For applicants in the partial scholarship section, a provision of
- Medical insurance
- An exemption of tuition fees
- Applicants are to completer the application form.
- Applicants are to fill in the online university application form.
- Applicants are to provide valid education certificates.
- Applicants are to provide a copy of their passports.
- Applicants are to state their research and study plan.
- Applicants are to provide a purpose statement.
- Applicants enrolling for a doctorate are to submit their research proposals.
- Applicants are to submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are to provide a physical examination form.
- Applicants are to provide a valid/recent resume.
- Applicants are to provide proof of language skills.
- Applicants are to provide their supporting documents if required.
- Applicants are not expected to have a criminal record.
NOTE: Applicants enrolling for an undergraduate degree program without a qualified HSK level can apply for a 1-year pre-college program for the study with a full sponsored scholarship. If the applicant cannot achieve the qualified HSK level still, after the program, the applicant will graduate as an English Language student.
For more information visit this website
To apply, click here
For online consultation, click here
Click here to visit the official application website.