2021 Shanghai Government Scholarships
- Awarding Body: SGS
- Host Institution: General Institution Shanghai/Eastern China
- Deadline: 15-05-2021
The Shanghai Government Scholarships are for students who show exceptional academic excellence while enrolling for an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. program in any public university in Eastern China.
- Eligible Countries/ Region: Applicants can be from any country or region, except for Chinese citizens.
- Gender Restrictions: No Gender Restrictions
- Age Restrictions: pre-college applicants – maximum of 23years
Bachelor degree applicants – maximum 25 year
Masters degree applicants – maximum 35years
Doctoral degree applicants – maximum 40 years
- Pre-college applicants must possess a high school diploma.
- Bachelor degree applicants must possess a high school diploma
- Masters degree applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree applicants must possess a master’s degree.
- Applicants that must have applied/won a reward from the Chinese government or any scholarship offered by other institutions are strictly not entitled to apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship.
- Applicants must be in good health.
For applicants in the full scholarship section, the following are provided;
- Medical insurance
- Living expenses (monthly)
- CNY 3,500 for a doctoral degree program
- CNY 3,000 for a graduate degree program
- CNY 2,500 for an undergraduate degree program
- With an exemption of the tuition fees
- With an exemption of the campus accommodation
For applicants in the partial scholarship section, a provision of
- Medical insurance
- An exemption of tuition fees
- Applicants are to completer the application form.
- Applicants are to fill in the online university application form.
- Applicants are to provide valid education certificates.
- Applicants are to provide a copy of their passports.
- Applicants are to state their research and study plan.
- Applicants are to provide a purpose statement.
- Applicants enrolling for a doctorate are to submit their research proposals.
- Applicants are to submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are to provide a physical examination form.
- Applicants are to provide a valid/recent resume.
- Applicants are to provide proof of language skills.
- Applicants are to provide their supporting documents if required.
- Applicants are not expected to have a criminal record.
NOTE: Applicants enrolling for an undergraduate degree program without a qualified HSK level can apply for a 1-year pre-college program for the study with a full sponsored scholarship. If the applicant cannot achieve the qualified HSK level still, after the program, the applicant will graduate as an English Language student.